The Diaries of a Middle-Aged Housewife

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Painting Fun

As part of my New Year's Resolutions, I made myself a list of projects I was hoping to complete this year. Most of the projects have to do with de-cluttering and organizing. One of them; however, was to paint my laundry room.

Friday was the big day. Greg was in California and it seems to be my habit to paint almost every time he leaves town. I made the mistake of taking a job that day, so I couldn't start until around 3:30 p.m. I came home from work and started taping off the room. Four hours later I realized that I was insane for wanting to paint that room. There are so many cabinets and things to go around, and hardly any big walls to paint, not to mention moving the washer and dryer.

I got up early Saturday morning and started in. Hailey helped me for a little while and then I was on my own. It took FOREVER!!!! I worked from about 6:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. I did take a few small breaks....like running to Home Depot for paint etc. I forgot how much fun it is to paint with dark colors. Painting makes me realize just how anal I can be. Every white line drove me nuts, and I found myself re-taping for hours trying to touch up all the places that were making me nuts. It turned out pretty good for the most part.

I really missed Ashley. Most of the painting projects I've done, she's helped me with. There were no pictures of us working, & no "I love Dad" or stick people painted on the walls. It is way more fun painting with a partner, and sooooo much quicker. I'll have to keep teaching Hailey, so she can help me more.

Greg came home and was surprised to see what I had done. He, of course, was way excited to get another room decorated. He won't be going out of town for awhile, so after I finish the hall by the laundry room, I'll have no reason to paint. Now on to de-cluttering and organizing....maybe I'll even work on scrapbooks!

2 comments:

  1. sooo proud of you mom! Im sorry i couldnt help! i feel bad... teach hailey!!! she needs to learn to word dangit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your laundry room turned out. Good job!

    ReplyDelete