The Diaries of a Middle-Aged Housewife

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall 2010



Life has been busy as always. I haven't updated this for awhile, so I'll try to catch up. I went on a girls trip to Salt Lake with my mom and LeAnn, Jen, Koni and Mickell. We had so much fun. We went to the Niece's party and shopped and started a new "swimming" tradition at the condo. It was great to get away.



Sept. 19th was Derek's mission farewell. He have a nice talk and some of his girlfriends sang "Send Me". It turned out nice. Afterwards we had everyone over for breakfast that had come in from out of town. David Watkins' catered it and he made homemade cinnamon rolls. It was so nice. Later that evening, we had friends come over. It was a nice day. It was so much more relaxed than Ashley's. No wedding and we weren't rushing to the MTC.


Derek turned 19 Oct. 3rd. It was also on Sunday, so we had steak and had a few of his friends over for cake. He got set apart by Pres. Richard's on the 4th and then we left the 5th for Provo. When we arrived, we went to dinner with Kyle LeFevre and the Walker's. It was so fun to see everyone. Some of Derek's high school friends met us for yogart afterwards to say good-bye.



Oct. 6th was the big day to drop him off. We went to Olive Garden for lunch. My sister Sandy met us and went with us to the MTC. Ashley and her companions snuck out to give me some things to take home and we were able to get a last family photo. It was so good to see her. It had been six weeks and I started to cry when I spotted her (not a good way to start the drop off). It was sad telling Derek good-bye, I got a little teary-eyed, but was mostly ok. We drove home afterwards.



Ashley and Derek were in the MTC together for 3 weeks. They saw each other quite a bit and I was so happy about that. They both loved their MTC experience. Ashley flew to Kentucky Oct. 25th and her first area is Evansville, IN. Derek flew to Alabama Oct. 27th. He will be assigned an area today. He stayed at the mission home two days. They both seem excited to get to where they're supposed to be.


At home we've all just been working and going to school. I find myself just a little missionary obsessed lately. I live for e-mails home. I have learned to be a pretty good missionary mom. I've even gotten good at sending packages (I hate going to the post office!).

No comments:

Post a Comment